Looking for ways to reduce costs and increase productivity in your warehouse operations?
The number of warehouses in the U.S. has risen 6.8% over the last five years. With this number estimated to grow rapidly in the future as well, it is crucial that businesses strategize how to eliminate costs in their warehouses and improve operations. In this article, we have provided you with five essential areas to concentrate on in order to accomplish a more efficient warehouse environment.
The majority of warehouse spending goes to labor costs and sometimes can account for up to 50% of a warehouse’s total operating costs. Labor costs can be drastically reduced by integrating labor management and automation within the warehouse.
● Cross-train employees
● Implement retention plans
● Provide safety training
● Monitor individual productivity
● Edit labor scheduling strategy
● Reward employees
2. Optimize Equipment Use
● Manage equipment service vendors
● Use our Industrial Machine Guarding to protect machines and prevent accidents
● Reduce space by using Hanel Vertical Lift Systems and other systems BSC offers
● Maintain better inventory control with our industrial modular storage cabinets
● Use cross-functional teams to solve problems
● Create warehouse goals and objectives/KPIs
● Implement a target inventory accuracy goal
● Keep supervisors on the warehouse floor
● Reconfigure rack configuration
● Focus on error free environment
● Reduce space by converting documents with our microfilm scanning solutions
● Manage inventory control with our Hanel Inventory Control Software
● Implement our barcode/RFID tracking systems to better manage sensitive inventory
5. Facilities Management
● Buy energy in bulk
● Convert to high-efficiency lighting
● Keep up maintenance of facilities monthly
To learn more about any of the products or services BSC offers for your efficient warehouse needs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 205-988-3300.
For more information on all of BSC products and services visit www.bscstoragesolutions.com.